Saturday 12 May 2012

My New Obsession: Emeli Sande: Our Version Of Events Album.

My New obsession is the phenomenal Emeli Sande's new album 'Our version of events'. 


I seriously can not get enough, its officially the most played album on my MP3. 
With the breath taking voice, fantastic lyrics & extraordinary writing talent that she has who can blame me???


Born Adele Emeli Sande, known by her stage name Emeli Sande,  she is British soul & R'n'B singer/song writer. She became famous in the public eye after featuring on rap star chipmunks third single 'Diamond Rings', the song gained them both their first top 10 UK single. In 2010 she appeared on Roll Deep star, Willey's 'Never Be Your Woman' which then became another top 10 hit. 


Simon Cowell said "she is my favorite songwriter at the minute." Emeli has written for a number of artists, including Cher Lloyd, Parade, Susan Boyle, Preeya Kalidas, Leona Lewis, Alesha Dixon, Cheryl Cole & Tinie Tempah.  In 2010, she sighned a deal with EMI Music Publshing, she later announced that Virgin Records has given her a record deal. She released her first solo single 'Heaven' in August 2011, the song was an instant hit around the world. She has 2 number one singles across the UK & Ireland with 'Read all about it' with Professor Green & 'Next to me'. 


Album released in February 2012.
Her first solo album 'Our Version Of Events' was released in February 2012 became an instant number one hit. I seriously can not enough of it, I can not decide which song is my favorite I just love the album & I love her. I'm not going to lie I wasnt a fan of 'Heaven' at first but she won me over with her performance of 'Hope' at sports relief 2012. From then on I have been completely head of heels in love with this album.

No comments: