Saturday 5 May 2012

Book Review




I'm not normally the type of girl to do a book review, mainly as I read a lot of books an if I wrote a review for every book I read my blog would be an encyclopedia of book reviews lol. However the book I have just finished reading had me thinking, a friend read it an recommended it to me an it was defiantly worth the read. Published in 2007 (yes I know I'm a bit late lolz) by my favourite penguin publishing, a true story by miss S, confessions of a working girl has to be one of the best books I've ever read. 

Its a true story about the intimate diary of Miss S's first year in the brothel. Showing the working girl scene from a different angle, showing the side of that world that you never normally read about, see or hear about. 

In reading this book, it opened my eyes, I've never been against girls who choose to do this, its their choice an who am I to judge? An reading I saw that a lot of these girls are not as you would expect, they are strong, educated, independent woman who are in total control of their lives. An it defiantly made me a lot more aware about sexual health, miss S actually is intent on using her experiences I feel not just to entertain people with her story but to educate us more about looking after our sexual health. I also know have a new found respect for girls who do this kind of work, it takes a strong person an whoever makes snide comments about girls like these in my mind should take a look in the mirror, don't judge people before you know their story. 

I would defiantly 100% would recommend confessions of a working girl. Its a fantastic read that has you griped form page 1 an also opens your eyes, while educating you on the importance of putting condoms on safely & the importance of sexual health. In my mind its a 5* read. 

No comments: