Monday 14 March 2011

A weekend to remeber

The Georgian Hollies Hotel in Blackpool
I would most defiantly recommend this hotel to a friend, I went for a the weekend (Friday 11th - Monday 14th March 2011)  with my family and I had an amazing time, the hotel is ideally placed, about 10 minutes away from the train station, 5 from the shops, and there are a huge mix of clubs and pubs within walking distance. Almost forgot to say, Friday and Saturday was free bar on selected drinks from 8-10, come one you cant complain for that now can you? Here is my basic summery of the hotel;

Hotel/Rooms - The rooms are small, but have everything you need, plus tea & coffee making facilities, they are really cosy and always clean, with a TV and free view for when you are getting ready.

Staff - Lovely, always willing to help in every way, service with a smile no matter what time you roll in at the end of a night on the town, friendly and funny people.

Food - OMG!!!! my diet was ruined because the food was way to fabulous to say no too. Choice of breakfasts, three course meal every night with a choice of 3 starters, mains and desserts. On the Saturday we had a 5 course candle lite dinner with complimentary wine. The food in defiantly in my mind 5 star, could not be happier.

Entertainment - Started the night after dinner with a quiz, then bingo, a live singer(s) on the Friday, then more bingo, singer again, DJ and Karaoke until 2 in the morning keeping everyone happy. Saturday was the "sensational soul diva" miss Katy J who I thought was fabulous and a lovely lovely person, would defiantly book to go see her again (and hopefully I will be in July) 

Price - For what you are getting its worth every penny and more, there are theme weekends up to certain dates, offers on all threw out the year, wouldn't get the food as nice or the friendly staff, entertainment etc for that price any where else in a hurry.

I would 100 no 1000% recommend this hotel myself, fingers crossed I will be going back in July and hopefully September for my birthday. If you are like me and cant afford a holiday abroad, but still want to go on a little weekend break this is defiantly the place to go.





No comments: